After nearly two decades of dancing professionally with Carolina Ballet as a founding member, Les Grands Ballet Canadiens de Montreal as a soloist, and Cirque Du Soleil's Zaia. I established RudduR Dance to use contemporary ballet as a method of holding a mirror to society while exploring the place where beauty, innovation, education, collaboration, truth, and movement meet. With your help, we will continue to create works that is relevant and widely accessible, in an environment that respects the artists’ well being.
In our inaugural season RudduR Dance accomplished the following:
- STREB Lab for Action Mechanics - June 26-27;
- Socrates Sculpture Park - August 10-15;
- Dance Gallery Festival New York - September 25-27;
- CoCo Dance Festival in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago - November 1st;
- Bronx Academy of Arts and Dance - November 21;
- Little Haiti Cultural Center, Miami, Fl - March 1;
- Thomas Armour Youth Ballet 22nd Spring Concert at New World School of the Arts - April 11 & 12.
Awards and Acknowledgments:
- First recipient of the New World School of the Arts Alumni Foundation's Inspiration Grant;
- Named one of 2015’s emerging artist bySTREB Lab for Action Mechanics;
- Awarded the Career Transition For Dancers grant;
- And awarded the Rapid Response Grant from American Dance Abroad.
Confirmed for our second season:
- August 20th - A Tale of Two Cities: Long Island City, NY Socrates Sculpture Park & Salt Lake City, Utah Marriott Center for Dance;
- September 29 - Work In Progress showing at La Manufacture in Aurillac, France;
- October 15 - Final Showing at La Manufacture in Aurillac, France;
- October 29 - CoCo Dance Festival in Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago;
- November 4 & 5 - Dance Gallery Festival Texas. Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas;
- November 12 - Dance Gallery Festival New York Tenth Anniversary Show. Manhattan Movement & Arts Center, NYC, NY;
- January 21 - 29 The 2017 Ouagadougou International Dance Festival in Burkina Faso, Africa;
With lots more exciting stuff in the works.
Thanks to Miami Dance Futures, our main fiscal agent, your tax deductible donations will go towards strategically positioning RudduR Dance as the premiere dance company for cutting edge contemporary ballet:
- Operating, production, creation, presenting and touring costs of current works and future creations;
- Salaries for the artist and collaborators;
- The copyrighting and trademarking of our work;
- And the professional filming of current and future works.
Your support at this vital stage means the world to us and it would be an honor to list you on our site as a supporter. You can donate by clicking the donation button below. Alternatively, if you prefer, you can mail checks to the address below. Please remember to put RudduR Dance in your Memo Line. Thank you so much for your support.Miami Dance Futures Inc.
8901 Southwest 79th Court
Miami, Florida 33156
Phone: (305) 596-3442
*RudduR Dance is a fiscally sponsored organization through Miami Dance Futures. All donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.