RudduR Dance is on the look out for dancers for its upcoming project and tours. Taking our 'Open Company Class' is the perfect opportunity to get to know each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are looking for a diverse cast.
Requirements for employment:
- US citizen or green card holder;
- A passport owner or willing to purchase one;
- Willing and able to be vaccinated for yellow fever and malaria.
Helpful but not required:
- Previously vaccinated;
- Can teach master classes in various styles of dance;
- Pointe work;
- Aerial experience.
We will post the any official audition notice following these rounds of open classes, if the need still exists. Email Juan Camargo for further details.
RudduR Dance endeavors to provide weekly compensation and per diem while on tour(s).
We are seeking college students and graduates interested in obtaining hands-on experience in arts administration. Internships are unpaid with the opportunity to grow into a paid position and can be taken for academic credit. Willing to write exit review/evaluation.
- Support in the development of our fundraising campaigns;
- Support in our grant-seeking, grant-writing, LOIs, and submissions of foundation, corporate, and government grant proposals and final reports;
- Support in identifying new funding and choreographic opportunities;
- Updating development calendar and timelines;
- Cultivation of and materials for potential donors/sponsors;
- Track and process incoming donations, thank you/ acknowledgement letters, and mailing list;
- Assist with special events including Gala fundraiser, RudduR Dance productions/performances, tours, residencies, rehearsals, cultivations, and community engagement activities;
- Social media and website updates, production of monthly newsletter, and occasional basic video filming and editing;
- And basic accounting and record keeping.
- Experience Preferred but not required;
- Superb written and verbal communication skills & obsessive attention to detail;
- Positive and professional demeanor, with a flexible, can-do attitude;
- Interest in RudduR Dance’s mission and commitment to serving youth;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Apple iWork (Pages, Numbers, iMovie, Garage Band);
- Commit to a minimum of 15 hours/week;
- And own your own laptop (Apple preferred) and cellphone (iPhone preferred).
- Receive invaluable on-the-job training and experience towards your professional career in performance production and arts administration;
- Evaluation and Recommendations Letter on company letterhead;
- Observe company in rehearsals, attend performances, and discount tickets (when available);
- Work alongside company director and founder Christopher Rudd;
- And aid in the growth of a new company from the ground floor.
How to Apply:
- Undergraduate students, graduate students and young arts professionals are encouraged to apply. To apply please send Catania James your resume and brief statement of interest.