RudduR Dance is proud to announce:
- At the invitation of African-American expat Vendetta Mathea and thanks to the The New World School of the Arts Alumni Foundation's Inspiration Grant, RudduR Dance is off to Aurillac, France on August 31st for a 6 week choreographic incubator at La Manufacture Aurillac to create Witness. This piece is a multimedia contemporary ballet inspired by the protests in 2014/15 following a series of killings of African-American males. Witness will be made in collaboration with artist/filmmaker Ty Hodges who is an alumnus of both the New World School of the Arts and Thomas Armour Youth Ballet.
- A Tale of Two Cities: On August 20th, RudduR Dance successfully presented work at Norte Maar's Dance at Socrates in Long Island City, New York AND at New Century Dance Project in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- The Dance Gallery Festival has chosen Christopher Rudd as one of their 10th Anniversary 'Level Up' choreographers. 'Level Up' is an evening showcase featuring three talented dance companies/choreographer. This program is meant to support artists that are ready to advance to the next level in the development and promotion of their work.
- The Dance Gallery Festival has invited RudduR Dance to take part in their 'Texas Experience.' For the fifth consecutive year, the DGF has partnered with Sam Houston State University to cultivate relationships between students and professionals while providing exposure to participating companies.
- We are excited to announce that RudduR Dance has accepted the official invitation and will be going to Burkina Faso in 2017! Through much travail, collaboration and thanks to your support, we are able to confirm our attendance in the fifth edition of the Ouagadougou International Dance Festival (FIDO) from January 21st – January 28, 2017.We apologize for the lull in communication. Personally and emotionally, it was a difficult call to postpone this tour. We felt as though we were letting you down by not being able to carry out the mission of this Kickstarter campaign. However, when we received the advisory from the U.S. Department of State, we felt like we made the right decision. Please note all of the funds have been placed in a trust and can only be used for FIDO related expenses.The entire company would like to thank you for your support and the trust that you have placed in me. I am profoundly humbled and appreciative of your endorsement, support and backing. Keep your eyes out for updates and more exciting announcements.
Thank you once again for supporting RudduR Dance in its quest to share the beauty of dance with the people of Burkina Faso, Africa. Through your generosity and the generosity of others like you, RudduR Dance was able to achieve its Kickstarter Fundraising pledge target.
When my young dance company was selected to represent the United States at the 2016 Ouagadougou International Dance Festival in Burkina Faso, I thought funding the project would be our biggest challenge. However, recent terrorist activities in Ouagadougou have proven otherwise.
At 1:00 pm on January 20th, the Kickstarter Pledge Target was met with 8 hrs to go. My elation was short lived because a few hours later, at 6:00 pm EST, the U.S. State Department issued an advisory restricting travel to Burkina Faso, in light of attacks at the hotel in Ouagadougou by a group affiliated with Al Qaeda.
At 11:47 pm that night, I was contacted by someone from the State Department who suggested rescheduling the trip. I immediately emailed the U.S. Embassy in Burkina Faso, and courtesy copied a trusted advisor, former Dean of Dance at the New World School of the Arts, Daniel Lewis. On the morning of January 21st, I was informed that continuing the trip to a country under travel advisory would be a tremendous liability. So, in the interest of my dancers’ safety, the trip has been postponed.
Since then, I have been looking for possible solutions that would be in keeping with the spirit of the project. Dean Lewis reached out to Dr. Joan Frosch, co-founder of The Africa Contemporary Arts Consortium, and author of the book “Building Enduring Partnerships.” Our initial conversations left me hopeful this delay will lead to a better opportunity for RudduR Dance in Africa, including a performance in Ouagadougou. The details will be shared with you as soon as they are ironed out.
Thanks again for your continued faith in me and RudduR Dance. Your donations will be held in trust by Miami Dance Future and applied to the rescheduled trip. I will keep you informed as we navigate the terrain of the geopolitical state of the world and propel RudduR Dance onto the international stage.
- RudduR Dance needs your help to represent American dance in Burkina Faso, Africa at the 2016 Ouagadougou International Dance Festival. Please consider making a contribution to our Kickstarter campaign. Any contribution would be greatly appreciated and contributions of $25 or more are tax deductible. The value of your deduction will be reduced by any tangible benefits you receive.https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1517771394/ruddur-dance-goes-to-africa
- RUDDUR DANCE AWARDED PARTIAL FUNDING TO REPRESENT AMERICAN DANCE ABROAD - Thanks to Rapid Response, a project of American Dance Abroad, RudduR Dance was able to accept an invitation to The 2016 Ouagadougou International Dance Festival (FIDO) in Burkina Faso Africa. January 30th - Feb 6th! This is an incredible opportunity for us in this, our inaugural season! In addition to performing 2 of our signature pieces we will offer free workshops in ballet, contemporary dance, and aerial silk artistry to the local community.
- RUDDUR DANCE GETS A MENTION - "Siren's Realm by RudduR Dance feels strong and complete ... the concept works well with these four. Quinn Batson, Offoffoff.com
- RUDDUR DANCE GOES INTERNATIONAL- Company artist and Inaugural Donor Yusha-Marie Sorzano presents "…I See" at the CoCo Dance Festival on November 1st in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, her motherland.
- RudduR Dance has been selected to present work for The Bronx Academy of Arts and Dance's BlakTinX Performance Series on Saturday, November 21 8pm / $20
- DANCER AND CHOREOGRAPHER, CHRISTOPHER RUDD, AWARDED FIRST INSPIRATION GRANT FROM NEW WORLD SCHOOL OF THE ARTS ALUMNI FOUNDATION
- RudduR Dance has been invited to Notre Maar's Dance at Socrates 2015- a choreographic residency and performance series presented in partnership with Socrates Sculpture Park. August 10-15
- RudduR Dance has been invited to The Dance Gallery Festival 2015- a choreographic residency and performance series presented in partnership with Socrates Sculpture Park. August 10-15
- RudduR Dance makes its debut presentation with the premiere of "The Place Between- for Bob" at SLAM!
Friday and Saturday, June 26th and 27th, 8:00pm $10. Cash only (First-come, first-serve.)
51 North 1st Street, Brooklyn, NY 11249
I hope to see you there.
- RudduR Dance named one of 73 Knight Foundation Finalist-
RudduR Dance: Providing unique opportunities for young dancers by creating a piece that roves throughout the Deering Estate, in partnership with Thomas Armour Youth Ballet.
- Christopher Rudd was named one of 5 2015's emerging artists by STREB Lab for Action Mechanics ( SLAM)
- "Christopher Rudd's masterful …I See,… left me wishing I could experience the piece again” -Sean Erwin, Art Burst Miami
- "Christopher Rudd's choreography tells the story clearly… it all made perfect sense." -Philip Gardner, Oberon’s Grove